This detailed tutorial teach you on how to root and flash custom recovery in Cherry Mobile Flare S5.
This method is using SPFT, so it necessary to use Desktop or Laptop and working USB cable.
WINDOWS 7, 8, 10
Download and extract:
Note: Do it at your own risk!
Rooting can void your warrant.
First thing to do:
- Backup your phone.
- Self Confident
1. Download all necessary files and Enable USB Debugging mode in your phone..
In Device Manager Right click on PC name(Right Side) and then click on Add legacy hardware as shown in image below.
Now in Add Hardware Wizard click on Next » Install the Hardware that i manually select from a list (Advanced) » Show All Devices » Next » Have a Disk, Now select the any inf file from where you extracted the downloaded VCOM driver package.
3. Now Click on Next and select Install this driver software anyway and wait for finishing the process.
4. After installation is finished then Restart your computer, That’s it.
5. Open flash_tool.exe, click on the Download Tab
Extract the downloaded recovery to the new folder you created.
6. Click Scatter-loading and browse for the scatter file (MT6753_Android_scatter)
7. For Bootloop only
Make sure flashing mode is set to “Download Only”
and unmarked all except Recovery
8. Click Download.
9. Turn off your phone, connect your phone to the PC and wait for the flashing to commence.
10. Green Circle image with check will show once flashing is completed. That’s it!
11. Important: Disconnect your phone from the computer, press and hold Vol Up + Power.
12. Boot menu will show, select Recovery.
From the custom recovery (CWM), it is recommended to backup your phone first, before rooting.
1. Reboot your phone then press and hold Vol Up + Power On
the CWM Recovery , click Install zip.
2. Choose zip from storage/sdcard1
3. Select BETA-SuperSU-v2.79.zip
4. Tap Yes Install SuperSU-v2.79.zip.
Flash it, no need to wipe cache. Wait to finish. Once completed then reboot!
4. Enjoy your rooted Flare S 5 Recovery.Credits:
Aron Jhed Bautista Amiscosa
Noxxious in Needrom