[ROM][SEMI-OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 14.1 for Xiaomi Mi 5
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
This build is compatible with all Xiaomi Mi 5 variants (32GB / 64GB / 128GB).
It is based off the Xiaomi’s Android 6.0.1 firmware and kernel with binaries from MIUI V18.104.22.168 Global stable package. Downloads:
No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only CM kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that’s not the case.
Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi 5 – [LINK ##download##])
Wipe /system, /data and /cache
Install CM package
Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open Gapps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!) Important note: Gapps can only be flashed on clean installs.
Credits & collaborations: