How to Root, Flash CWM recovery and install Rom in Samsung Galaxy S4
How to Root using CF-Autoroot (Chainfire)
Also note that you have to wipe your device and erase everything! As in “EVERYTHING”. You may use Moborobo or any backing-up software available in the internet.Another thing, installing AOSP Rom on your phone removes some features of the S4 i.e. Air Gestures, Air View, etc. But will still have the power to do S-Beam, as NFC is functional on the 4.3 Google Edition. ..DO NOT TRY THIS IF YOU HAVE NO OR LITTLE KNOWLEDGE ON FLASHING ROMS! ASK QUESTIONS IF THERE’S SOMETHING NOT CLEAR TO YOU.
Installing a CWM
(What is CWM recovery?) – ClockWork Mod recovery allows you to install custom firmware on any android devices.
How to Install CWM recovery on your GT-9505 Phone
CWM based recovery 220.127.116.11 for i9505
2. Boot your phone into recovery by pressing Volume Down + Power + Home Button and Choose Download
3. Plugin the device on your computer (Make sure that drivers are properly installed on the computer)4. Run Odin as an administrator, choose PDA, and browse the TAR file that you’ve downloaded. Then click start..5. Once finished. The device will update it’s core component. And now you have CWM….
Installing Android 4.3 on your GT-I9505
Installing Android 4.3.
1. Download the rom here: Click Here
2. Once downloaded, put it in your SD card..
3. Boot into CWM by pressing Volume up + Power + Home. Once the Samsung logo appears, let go of the buttons.
4. Make sure you Reset to factory settings, clear cache and davlik-cache
5. Flash Rom via ZIP, and locate the one that you’ve just downloaded.
6. Right after the reboot, you will now have Android 4.3 on your phone! CONGRATULATIONS! 🙂
(But not yet rooted).
7. After the phone is already up and running, it’s time to root your 4.3 device.
8. Download: Click Here and put it in your SD Card.
9. Boot the device on CWM again, and flash the SuperSU. …And you’re done!!! ROOTED 4.3 Enjoy!
John Edward Ciasico
Samsung Galaxy S4 group