Tutorial on How to root Cherry Mobile Flare S5 Max PH and install CTR recovery
HOW TO FLASH CTR RECOVERY
MIRACLEBOX PASSWORD: s5max
Note: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE, if something happen or damage to your phone.
Section 1: Mediatek Preloader Installation and MiracleBox Setup
1. Place all the downloaded files on your desktop.
2.Extract the Mediatek_Driver_Auto_Installer_1.1352.00.zip
3. Once Extracted open InstallDriver.exe, wait until the dialog box finishes. DON’T DO ANYTHING
NOTE: TURN OFF YOUR ANTIVIRUS PROTECTION BEFORE STEP 4.
4. Extract MiracleBox and open the folder. Open the miracle box loader.exe
SECTION 2: Flashing
NOTE: TURN OFF YOUR PHONE BEFORE FLASHING
1. Put the preloader, scatter file and the recovery in a single folder, rename the recovery to “recovery.bin” ( quotations not included )
2. Open Miracle Box, Make sure that the MTK tab is selected
3. Load the scatter file (Flare S5 Max.txt) you downloaded.
5. Click Start button, and plug your phone to the usb port (make sure you turned off your phone). If the charging icon showed up, unplug the phone and take out the battery. Wait for atleast 5 secs and reinsert the battery to the phone again.
7. After this step, just watch the application while flashing the recovery. this procedure will only take 5-15 seconds..
8. After MiracleBox displays the 100% AND THE “ WRITE DONE” in the progress bar, press Stop Button and unplug your phone from your pc.
9. Test your recovery by rebooting to the recovery mode (Power + Volume Up)
10. You can only control the CTR Recovery using volume and power buttons..
11. Perform a Factory reset in the recovery, It is under the wipe menu.
NOTE : This is an important step, follow this or you will have to flash the recovery again.
12. Once you select “Reboot Phone”, a prompt about “Disable Recovery Flash” will appear, just SELECT YES and you’re good to go..
HOW TO ROOT FLARE S5 MAX
1. Rebooting to the recovery mode (Power + Volume Up)
2. Download and Extract RootStockRom.zip
3. Flash SystemLessRootFix.zip
4. Flash SuperSU.Zip
Done.! Download Rootchecker in Playstore to verify.
S5 Max Group